Level 1 EIO Previous Year Papers for Class 10 assist pupils in preparations for the English Olympiad exams of class 10 as well as attaining scholastic excellence. It is critical for pupils in class 10 to understand the exam format. Knowing the format of the exam aids in proper preparation, allowing students to concentrate on problems and topics that carry greater weight. Students do better when they practice past examination papers to improve their weaker sections. Students in Class 10 can get English past papers from the Indian Talent Olympiad. It includes four sets of question papers, as well as sample OMR answer sheets, answer keys, as well as solutions. Not only may students practice their weak portions with sample question papers to improve their Olympiad exam scores, but they can equally practice their strong areas using question papers.
Total Questions : 50 Time : 65 Minutes
1. Additional 10 minutes will be given to students to fill up the student’s information before the start of the exam.
2. All questions are compulsory and carry equal marks. Use of calculator is not permitted.
3. There is only one correct answer, hence mark one choice only.
4. Rough work should be done on a blank sheet of paper.
Direction (1-2): Write word which is most opposite in meaning of the given word.
Direction : Choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the word.
4. Choose the word which is the exact OPPOSITE of the given words
5. In the question below the sentences have been given in Direct/Indirect speech. From the given alternatives, choose the one which best expresses the given sentence Indirect/Direct speech
“If you don’t keep quiet I shall shoot you,” he said to her in a clam voice.
a. He warned her to shoot if she didn’t keep quiet calmly.
b. He said calmly that I shall shoot you if you don’t be quiet.
c. He warned her calmly that he would shoot her if she didn’t keep quiet.
d. Calmly he warned her that be quiet or else he will have to shoot her.
6. In the questions below the sentences have been given in Active/Passive voice. From the given alternatives, choose the one which best expresses the given sentence in Passive/Active voice.
Who is creating this mess?
a. By whom has been created this mess?
b. By whom has this mess been created?
c. By whom this mess is being created?
d. By whom is this mess being created?
Direction (7-11): Today most businessmen are very worried. To begin with, they are not used to competition. In the past they sold whatever……….. (7)……….. produced at whatever price they chose. But ….(8)……Increasing competition, customer began to ……… (9) …. And choose. Imports suddenly became….. (10) ……. available and that too at cheaper…..(11)….
7. (Solve as per the direction given above)
8. (Solve as per the direction given above)
9. (Solve as per the direction given above)
10. (Solve as per the direction given above)
11. (Solve as per the direction given above)
12. In the question below, an incomplete statement followed by fillers is given. Pick out the best one which can complete incomplete stem correctly and meaningfully. It is not easy to remain tranquil when those around you _________.
a. Behave in a socially acceptable manner
b. Exhibit pleasant mannerism
c. Are losing their heads
d. Agree to whatever you say
13. Choose the correct meaning of proverb/idiom
To make clean breast of
a. To fain prominence
b. To praise oneself
c. To confess without of reserve
d. To destroy before if blooms
14. Choose the one which can be substituted for the given word/sentence. Extreme old age when a man behaves like a fool
15. Pick out the most effective word(s) from the given words to fill in the blank to make the sentence meaningfully complete. Rohan and /Rohit are twin brothers, but they do not look……
Direction(16-17): A part of the sentence is italicised and underlined. Below are given alternatives to the italiised part which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, option ‘D’ is the answer.
16. During his long discourse, he did not touch that point.
a. Touch upon
b. Touch on
c. Touch of
17. He found a wooden broken chair in the room.
a. Wooden and broken chair
b. Broken wooden chair
c. Broken and wooden chair
d. No improvement
Direction (18-19): Find the correctly spelt words.
18. (Solve as per the direction given above)
Direction (19-20): Find the correctly spelt words.
19. (Solve as per the direction given above)
Direction: Read the each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error, if any will be in one part of the sentence. The letter of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is ‘D’
20. (Solve as per the direction given above)
a. I could not put up in a hotel
b. Because the boarding and lodging charges
c. Were exorbitant.
d. No error.
Direction: in the following the questions choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word.
Direction (22-23): In the question below, there is a sentence of which some parts have been jumbled up. Rearrange these parts which are labelled P, Q, R and S produce the correct sentence. Choose the proper sequence.
22. When he
P: did not know
Q : he was nervous and
R : heard the hue and cry at midnight
S : what to do
23. It has been established that
P : Einstein was
Q : although a great scientist
R : weak in arithmetic
S : right from his school days
Direction: The question consist of two words which have a certain relationship to each other followed by four pairs of related words, Select the pair which has the same relationship.
24. INDIGENT : WEALTHY
a. angry : rich
b. native : affluent
c. gauche : graceful
d. scholarly : erudite
Direction (25-26): Find the correctly spelt words
27. Choose the one which can be substituted for the given word/sentence. Extreme old age when a man behaves like a fool
28. What is the way to combine the sentence?
The desk is broken. I tried to fix It.
a. Fix the desk that is broken.
b. I tried to fix the desk that is broken.
c. I fixed the broken desk.
d. Correct as is
Choose the adverb clause in the sentence.
29. Sasha went to the mall after she finished her homework.
a. Sasha went to the mall
b. After she finished her homework
c. Went to the mall
d. Finished her homework
Direction (Q. no. 30-31): Choose the word which is mist nearly the SAME in meaning as the word given
32. (P) due to disuse (Q) the linguistic space is shrinking (R) in India and language resources might dry up (S) he feels that:
a. S Q R P
b. S R Q P
c. S P Q R
d. S R P Q
33. (P) one is sure the samaroh will provide (Q) going by the festival’s earlier editions (R) to the listener and performer (S) a moment of salvation :
a. R Q S P
b. Q R S P
c. Q S P R
d. Q P S R
34. The climbers will try again (a)/to reach the summit of the mountain, (b)/their chances of doing so are (c)/more better than they were last week. (d)
35. Flight to Mumbai leaves every 5 hours. At the information counter I learnt that the flight took off 25 minutes before. If the time now is 10:45 a. m., what is the time for the next flight?
a. 2:20 a. m
b. 3:30 a. m
c. 3:55 p. m
d. 3:20 p. m
36. Indra is 7 th from the left and Jaya is 5 th from the right. When they interchange their position Jaya becomes 19 th from the right. What is Indra’s position from the left ?
a. 21 st
b. 19 th
c. 23 rd
d. 20 th
37. Which one will replace the question mark?
38. Which number replaces the question mark?
39. Which number replaces the question mark?
40. What Comes in place of question mark?
AB, DEF, HIJK, ?, STUVWX
41. Which number replaces the question mark?
42. Which number replaces the question mark?
Direction(Q. no. 43-44): Two words are given which are related to each other in some way. Find out the relationship between the first two words and choose the missing word, which bears the same relationship to the third word, as the first two bears.
43. Amber : Yellow :: Caramine : ?
44. Wax : Wane :: Zenith : ?
45. Pointing to Sahil, Neeru says, “I am the daughter of the only son of his grandfather.” How Neeru is related to Sahil?
In each of the following questions, various terms of an alphabet series are given with one or more terms missing as shown by (?). Choose the missing terms out of the given alternatives.
46. AZ, GT, MN, ?, YB
47. AZ, CX, FU, ?