Level 1 EIO Previous Year Papers Class 2 helps students to prepare themselves for the English Olympiad exams and also enables them to acquire excellence in their academics. These Question Papers assist students in evaluating their competence in order to focus on weaker sections. Students in class 2 have a strong understanding skill and can learn basic grammar quickly. The Indian Talent Olympiad identifies the specific requirements of individual students. Every question on the question paper explains why the correct answer is correct, so students can better understand various questions. The question papers are designed in such a way that passing the main exam becomes simple. There are four sets of question papers, each with a large number of questions. The solutions and explanations are provided at the end. In addition, OMR sheets are provided to get students used to it so that they don't have any problems during examinations.
Total Questions : 40 Time : 65 Minutes
1. Additional 10 minutes will be given to students to fill up the student’s information before the start of the exam.
2. All questions are compulsory and carry equal marks. Use of calculator is not permitted.
3. There is only one correct answer, hence mark one choice only.
4. Rough work should be done on a blank sheet of paper.
1. What is the noun in this sentence? The cat dances.
2. What is the verb in this sentence? An eagle imagines.
3. My uncle ……………. in the centre of town.
d. None of the above
4. Choose the pronoun that best replaces the word(s) in all caps. My PARENTS are going out tonight.
5. Find the correct tense of the verb. The dog …………… across the street.
6. Ramesh …………… to go swimming this weekend.
b. is want
d. will wants
7. Which sentence needs a question mark?
a. We will go horseback riding on Friday
b. Will you go with us to the lake
c. I can’t walk to the lake in these shoes
d. Put that hat on the chair
8. Which missing word should go in the blank? Which, of these colours do you like better, gold …………. Silver?
d. Any of the above
Direction (9-12): in the following the questions choose the word Which best expresses the meaning of the given word.
Direction (13-16): In the following questions choose the word which is the exact OPPOSITE of the given words.
d. None of these
Direction (17-19): In questions given below out of four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given word/sentence.
17. That which cannot be seen
18. A paper written by hand
19. Study of the evolution of man as an animal
Direction (20-22): Fine the correctly spelt words.
20. (solve as per the direction given above)
21. (solve as per the direction given above)
22. (solve as per the direction given above)
Direction (23-24): Put out the most effective word(s) from the given words to fill in the blank to make the sentence meaningfully complete.
23. During Diwali the shops are ……….. of people.
24. He passed the examination in the first class because he ……..
a. was hard working for it
b. worked hardly for it
c. hard worked hard for it
d. was working hard for it
Direction (25-27): Identify the odd one out.
Direction (28-29): Each question has an underlined word followed by four answer choices. You will choose the word that is a necessary part of the underlined word.
30. Which word does NOT belong with the others?
31. Arrange the words given below in a meaningful sequence.
a. 3, 1, 2, 4, 5
b. 3, 1, 2, 5, 4
c. 3, 1, 4, 2, 5
d. 3, 1, 4, 5, 2
32. Give one word substitution. One who talks too much?
33. A man said to a lady, “Your mother’s husband’s sister is my aunt.” How is that lady related to that man?
c. Grand Daughter
34. Use the proper preposition to complete the sentence there is no use ……….. going there at this time.
35. In the following question you should think the most appropriate meaning for the Idioms out of four options.
At arm’s length?
a. Length of arm
b. At a distance
d. Very near
36. Which picture cube does this shape make?
37. Which picture cube does this shape make?
38. If U is denoted by 7, M by 2, I by 5, O by 1, K by 8 and J by 4, then what will be the numeric form of the word MOUJIK when written in the reverse order?
39. Which picture cube does this shape make?
40. Which grid replaces the question mark?