Level 1 EIO Previous Year Papers Class 3 assist students in preparing for the English Olympiad exams and also attaining academic excellence. The English language is widely used throughout the world as a means of communication. Students can improve their academic and social skills by taking English competitive exams. Students who have exceptional abilities in learning English are given the opportunity to excel in the subject. Class 3 students are well-versed in comprehension, punctuation, sentence construction, articles, and adverbs, among other things. Indian Talent Olympiad has incorporated an English question paper for Class 3 which encompasses the question from the entire curriculum. The questions are all multiple-choice. Students can assess their understanding by comparing their answers to the answer key.
Total Questions : 40 Time : 65 Minutes
1. Additional 10 minutes will be given to students to fill up the student’s information before the start of the exam.
2. All questions are compulsory and carry equal marks. Use of calculator is not permitted.
3. There is only one correct answer, hence mark one choice only.
4. Rough work should be done on a blank sheet of paper.
1. Choose the pronoun that best replaces the word(s) in all caps. MY MOM is great person.
2. The cupboards were bare. There wasn’t anything in them.
3. Put the verb into the correct form while I was on holiday, my camera …………..
(steal) from my hotel room.
c. was stealed
d. was stolen
4. Choose the adjective:
5. Choose the sentence that is correct.
a. We played softball during recess yesterday?
b. We played softball during recess yesterday.
c. We played softball during recess yesterday.
d. All of these are incorrect.
6. Read the sentence and identify the correct tense of the verb. I was ……… a pencil and paper.
7. The frog is ………….. across the road.
8. Choose the correct form of the verb to fill in the blank. On Friday, I …………… to the movies with my family, (Future tense)
c. will go
d. would go
9. In the word unhappy, we know the prefix un-means………..
a. not happy
c. Full of happiness
10. Find the two “action verbs” in the sentence below. My baby sister cried until she was fed a bottle.
a. baby, sister
b. bottle, fed
c. cried, fed
d. my, sister
11. Choose the missing article.
Did you watch …………. Special on whales on TV last night?
12. Which sentence has an action verb in it?
a. Roger is my best friend.
b. Roger is my neighbour.
c. Roger and his family are nice to me.
d. Roger and I play games on the computer
Direction (13-15): In the following questions choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word.
d. Disguisedly sarcastic
Direction (16-19): In the following questions choose the word which is the exact OPPOSITE of the given words.
Direction :(20-22): In questions given below out of four alternatives , choose the one which can be substituted for the given word/sentence.
20. That which cannot be read
21. Habitually silent or talking little
22. One who cannot be corrected
Direction (23-25): Find the correctly spelt words.
23. (Solve as per the direction given above)
24. (Solve as per the direction given above)
25. (Solve as per the direction given above)
26. Select the odd one out
27. Select the odd one out
28. Select the correct plural form
29. As ‘Astronomy’ is related to ‘Planets’, similarly ‘Astrology’ is related to what?
d. None of these
30. Direction: Letters of certain word have been rearranged and the jumbled spellings have been given below. Out of the choices given below question, choose the last letter of the correct word.
31. Typist: Typewriter :: Writer:?
32. In the following question, group the given figures into three classes using each figure only once.
a. 7,8,9 ; 2,4,3 ; 1,5,6
b. 1,3,2 ; 4,5,7 ; 6,8,9
c. 1,6,8 ; 3,4,7 ; 2,5,9
d. 1,6,9 ; 3,4,7 ; 2,5,8
Direction (33-35) Each question has an underlined word followed by four answer choices. You will choose the word that is a necessary part of the underlined word.
36. Which word does NOT belong with the others?
37. Which symbol is needed to make scale balance?
c. Anchor & Buoy
38. What is the missing letter?
39. What number should replace the question mark?
40. How many squares are there here?