Level 1 EIO Previous Year Papers Class 4 assist pupils in getting ready for the English Olympiad exams and also some attain excellence in academic. Everyday language, tasks, and topics are used in academic English exams. When preparing for the exam, you must remember and apply how much you have learned. This procedure significantly increases your chances of memorizing information. This exam aims to enhance students' English spellings, grammatical structures, sentence construction, and speaking skills. Students taking Olympiad exams can access English Olympiad Class 4 Sample Papers. The topics in these papers are pulled from the school board's curriculum. Answer keys, practise OMR sheets, and four sets of question papers are provided by the Indian Talent Olympiad. Students in class 4 can enhance their capacity to implement what they've studied in new contexts by taking exams.
Total Questions : 40 Time : 65 Minutes
1. Additional 10 minutes will be given to students to fill up the student’s information before the start of the exam.
2. All questions are compulsory and carry equal marks. Use of calculator is not permitted.
3. There is only one correct answer, hence mark one choice only.
4. Rough work should be done on a blank sheet of paper.
1. Put the verb into the Correct form, present simple or past simple, active or passive. I was born in London but I …………… (grow) up in the north of England.
2. Choose the correct adjective to fill in the blank. The red bird flew……………. Than the other birds.
3. which sentence is written correctly?
a. i just love coffee
b. I just love coffe!
c. I just love coffee.
d. I just love coffee?
4. Select the correct pronoun to complete this sentence. Neither the students nor the teachers wanted………….. day off to be cancelled.
a. his or her
c. he or she
5. Sharan and Deepak jumped over the log. Kamal……………. over it.
6. Put the verb into the correct form, present simple or past simple, active or passive.
While I was on holiday, my camera………. (steal) from my hotel room.
c. was stealed
d. was stolen
7. The opposite of liking someone is to …………. Someone.
8. which choice means writing about life?
9. which is an example of a preposition?
10. what is the subject of the following sentence? Mark and Mike ran a close race.
c. Mark and Mike
11. Choose the missing article. Could I have ……………. hamburger?
12. Choose the best way to combine these two sentence.
My family went to the park yesterday. We had a great time.
a. My family went to the park yesterday having a great time.
b. My family went to the park yesterday, and we had a great time.
c. My family went to the park, had a great time yesterday.
d. My family went to the park and we had a great time yesterday.
Direction(13-15): In the following the questions choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word.
Direction (16-18): In the following questions choose the word which is the exact OPPOSITE of the given words.
Direction(19-21): In questions given below out of four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given word/sentence.
19. A person interested in collecting, studying and selling of old things
20. A drawing on transparent paper
a. Red print
b. Blue print
21. A small Shop that sells fashionable clothes, cosmetics, etc.
Direction(22-23): Find the correctly spelt words.
22. (Solve as per the direction given above)
23. (Solve as per the direction given above)
Direction (24-25): Read the each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error, if any will be in one part of the sentence. The letter of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is ‘D’
24. (Solve as per the direction given above)
a. I have got
b. my degree
c. in 1988
d. No error
25. (Solve as per the direction given above)
a. Having received your letter
b. this morning, we are writing
c. to thank you for the same.
d. No error.
26. What part of speech is “children” in the following sentence. The children wanted to go and play miniature golf before dinner.
27. What change should be made to the sentence below?
a. Having thrown in the air, the cat caught the mouse.
b. After throwing the mouse in the air, the cat caught it.
c. The cat ate the mouse having been thrown in the air.
d. While the cat is in the air the mouse ate it.
28. The bright sunlight caused the colour…………..
c. to fade
d. to be fade
Direction (Q. no. 29-30): Changing Nouns into verbs.
31. Disclosure always involves ----
Direction (32-35): Letters of certain words have been rearranged and the jumbled spellings have been given below. Out of the choices given below each question, choose the last letter of the correct word.
36. Much is related to many in the same way as measure is related to ……..
37. If ‘A’ is coded as 1, ‘B’ as 3, ‘C’ as 5 and so on, which of the following is the numerical value of word ‘FAZED'?
38. Which is the One that does not belongs to that group?
39. Which letter replace the question mark?
40. Which number replace the question mark?