Level 1 EIO Previous Year Papers for Class 7 benefit students in preparation for the English Olympiad exams of class 7 as well as encouraging them to achieve academic excellence. Indian Talent Olympiad provides students with a collection of questions from various topics in the form of an English Sample Question Paper. These questionnaires were designed based on the school board's structured curriculum. Students should practice questions in numerous areas to build a solid foundation for efficient class 7 learning. English Olympiad previous year question paper kits are offered to students. To familiarize them with the NEO test pattern, this kit includes four sets of question papers, an answer key with an explanation, and practice OMR answer sheets. This will undoubtedly benefit students in their next exams.
Total Questions : 50 Time : 65 Minutes
1. Additional 10 minutes will be given to students to fill up the student’s information before the start of the exam.
2. All questions are compulsory and carry equal marks. Use of calculator is not permitted.
3. There is only one correct answer, hence mark one choice only.
4. Rough work should be done on a blank sheet of paper.
Direction (1-5): Let children learn to judge their own work. A child……. (1)……. To talk does not learn ……..(2)…….. being corrected all the time ……. (3)…….. corrected too much he will……….(4)……. Talking . He notices a thousand times a day the difference between the ……(5)…… he uses and the language those around him use.
1. (solve as per the direction given above)
2. (solve as per the direction given above)
3. (solve as per the direction given above)
4. (solve as per the direction given above)
5. (solve as per the direction given above)
Direction (06): In the question below, an incomplete statement followed by fillers is given. Pick out the best one which can complete incomplete stem correctly and meaningfully.
6. She never visits any zoo because she is strong opponent of the idea of…………
a. Setting the animals free into forest
b. Feeding the animals while others are watching
c. Watching the animals in their natural abode
d. Holding the animals in captivity for our joy
Direction (07): Choose the correct meaning of proverb/idiom given below.
7. To catch a tartar
a. To trap wanted criminal with great difficulty
b. To catch a dangerous person
c. To meet with disaster
d. To deal with a person who is more than one’s match
Direction (8-10): Choose the one which can be substituted for the given word/sentence.
8. A person of good understanding knowledge and reasoning power
9. A Person pretending to be somebody he is not
10. A person who knows many foreign languages
Direction (11-12): Pick out the most effective word(s) Form the given words to fill in the blanks to make the sentence meaningfully complete.
11. Success in this examination depends ………….. hard work alone.
12. The miser gazed ………… at the pile of gold coins in front of him.
Direction (13-15) : Which of phrases given below each sentence should replace the phrase printed in bold type to make the grammatically correct?
13. He is too important for tolerating any delay.
a. To tolerate
b. To tolerating
c. At tolerating
d. With tolerating
14. The population of Tokyo is greater than that of any other town in the world.
a. Greatest among any other
b. Greater than all other
c. Greater than those of any other
d. No correction required
15. The performance of our players was rather worst than I had expected.
a. Bad as I had expected
b. Worse than I had expected
c. Worse than expectation
d. Worst than was expected
Direction(16-17): A part of the sentence is italicised and underlined. Below are given alternatives to the italicised part which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, option ‘D’ is the answer.
16. His powerful desire brought about his downfall.
a. His intense desire
b. His desire for power
c. His fatal desire
d. No improvement
17. Will you kindly open the knost?
d. No improvement
18. Find the correctly spelt words.
19. Read the each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error, if any will be in one part of the sentence. The letter of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is ‘D’
a. The Indian radio
b. Which was previously controlled by the British rulers
c. Is free now from the narrow vested interests.
d. No error.
Direction (20-21): In the following the questions choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word.
d. Past tense of go
Direction (22): Each question consist of two words which have a certain relationship to each other followed by four pairs of related words, select the pair which has the same relationship.
22. PAIN : SEDATIVE
a. Comfort : Stimulant
b. Grief : Consolation
c. Trance : Narcotic
d. Ache : Extraction
Direction (23-24): In the following the questions choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word.
Direction (25-26): In the following questions choose the word which is the exact OPPOSITE of the given words.
Direction (27-29): Find the correctly spelt word.
30. Which sentence is punctuated Correctly ?
a. The office was closed consequently, I could, not pay my bill.
b. The office was closed, consequently, I could not pay my bill.
c. The office was closed; consequently, I could not pay my bill.
d. The office was closed consequently, I could not pay my bill.
Direction (31-32): In each of the following questions some parts of the sentences have been jumbled up. You are required to rearrange these parts which are labeled P, Q, R and S to produce the correct sentence. Choose the proper sequence.
(P) it becomes an honour of a lifetime
(Q) in recognition of their great performance
(R) illustrious personalities
(s) win an award:
a. R P Q S
b. P Q R S
c. Q R S P
d. R S Q P
32. The newspaper reported that
(P) according to one estimate
(Q) and many of them assume epidemic proportions
(R) most illnesses in India
(s) are related to water-borne diseases :
a. P R Q S
b. P R S Q
c. R Q S P
d. R Q P S
Direction (33): Fill in the blanks with appropriate Prepositions choosing one from the five alternatives given below each sentence.
33. What is the past participle in the sentence? She read the used books that were on the shelf.
34. Choose the word(s) that best completes the following sentences. Karen …………………. In groups compared to individual tasks.
a. Is preferring working
b. Prefers works
c. Prefers be
d. Prefers to work
35. It would be most appropriate to add a colon after which word in this sentence? There are four seasons summer, fall, winter and spring.
36. How many meaningful English words can be formed with the letters ARILT using each letter only once in that word?
37. If CRY is coded a MRYC then how will GET be coded?
38. Among A, B, C, D and E each scoring different marks in a test, C scored more than D but not as much as E. E scored more than A who scored less than B. Who score third highest marks?
d. Data inadequate
39. Select the correct option in place of the question mark.
40. In a code language SINGER is written as AIBCED then GINGER will be written in the same code as ____.
41. Which number completes the puzzle?
42. Which number replaces the question mark?
43. Annihilation : Fire :: Cataclysm : ?
44. Which number replaces the question mark?
Direction (45): Two words are given which are related to each other in some way. Find out the relationship between the first two words and choose the missing word, which bears the same relationship to the third word, as the first two bears.
45. If Kamal says, “Ravi’s mother is the only daughter of my mother”, how is Kamal related to Ravi?
b. Father Maternal Uncle
Directions (46-47): Read five points given below and answer the below corresponding questions.
I A, B, V, D, E, F and G are sitting on a wall and all of them are facing east.
a. C is on the immediate right of D.
b. B is at an extreme end and has E as his neighbor.
c. G is between E and F.
d. D is sitting third from the south end.
46. Who is sitting to the Right of E ?
47. Which of the following pairs of people are sitting at the extreme ends?
48. Complete the series
50. Looka at this series : 1.5, 2.3, 3.1, 3.9,…….