Level 1 ISO Previous Year Papers Class 10 assists students in getting ready for the Science Olympiad exams of class 10 and achieving academic success. Previous Year question papers aid students in their preparation, time management, and test accuracy. To be able to meet the challenges, pupils would need to study the past year's Question Papers. Students can learn about the curriculum and topics covered in the exam by reviewing Science previous year Question Papers. Students will be able to comprehend this based on past year's test question papers. Students who are familiar with the pattern and substance of the questionnaire will take lesser time in answering them during the actual exam. Students will be able to anticipate the trending topics that will be covered in the test and hence previous years' question papers are based on the topics that have been featured in the past examinations.
Total Questions : 50
Time : 65 Minutes
1. Additional 10 minutes will be given to students to fill up the student’s information before the start of the exam.
2. All questions are compulsory and carry equal marks. Use of calculator is not permitted.
3. There is only one correct answer, hence mark one choice only.
4. Rough work should be done on a blank sheet of paper.
1. The diagram below represents a light ray travelling form air to Lucite to medium Y and back into air. Light travels slowest in
a. Air, Lucite, and medium U
b. Air, only
c. Medium Y, only
d. Lucite, Only
2. A periodic wave transfers
a. Mass, only
b. Neither energy nor mass
c. Energy, only
d. Both energy and mass
3. The diagram below shows a circuit with two resistors
What is the reading on ammeter A?
a. 1.3 A
b. 0.75 A
c. 3.0 A
d. 1.5 A
4. ? Fe 2 O 3 + ? CO ? Fe + ? CO 2 What are the coefficients of the correctly balance equation?
5. CH 4 + 2O 2 CO 2 +2H 2 O If 1.0 mole of methane reacts with oxygen to produce caron dioxide and water, what mass of water is produced?
a. 36 grams
b. 18 grams
c. 16 grams
d. 44 grams
6. The number of molecules in 48.0 grams of oxygen gas (O 2 )is ___
a. 1.20 x 10 24
b. 6.02 x 10 23
c. 1.81 x 10 24
d. 9.03 x 10 24
A student looking through a light microscope saw this cell in cytokinesis. Thish cell is most likely from
a. An animal
b. A bacterium
c. A plant A virus
8. What do viruses need to reproduce?
a. Other viruses
b. A nutrient medium
c. An enzyme solution
d. Host organisms
9. Overheating an enzyme result in the enzyme’s loss of ______
a. Ability to catalyse a reaction
b. Storage of inherited information
c. Storage of a large amount of chemical energy
d. Net electrical charge
10. DNA is essential to living organisms because it_____
a. Can prevent diseases
b. Is a spiral helix
c. Can break apart
d. Carries the genetic code
11. Of the states matter, gas is the only state that________
a. Has a define shape
b. Has mass
c. Is highly compressible
d. Is fluid
12. The process of obtaining food by amoeba is known as :
13. The correct order of steps occurring in nutrition in animal is :
a. Ingestion Absorption Digestion Assimilation
b. Ingestion Digestion Assimilation Absorption
c. Ingestion Digestion Absorption Assimilation
d. Ingestion Absorption Digestion Absorption
14. The inner lining of stomach is protected by one of the following from the harmful effect of hydrochloric acid. This is :
15. The excess discharge of fertilizers into water bodies results in:
b. Death of Hydrophytes
d. Growth of fish
16. If BOD of A river water is found very high, it means water:
a. Is clean
b. Is highly polluted
c. Is having algae
d. Contains dissolved minerals
17. The drugs used to get relief from pain are called:
18. A transformer is used for :
a. Increasing DC voltage
b. Decreasing DC voltage
c. Converting DC into AC
d. Increasing or Decreasing AC voltage
19. A net force of 10. Newtons accelerates an object at 5.0 meters per second 2 . what net force would be required to accelerate the same object at 1.0 meter per second 2 .?
a. 5.0 N
b. 1.0 N
c. 50. N
d. 2.0 N
20. The graph below represents the relationship between gravitational force and mass for objects near the surface of earth. The Slope of the graph represents the
a. Momentum of objects
b. Acceleration due to gravity
c. Weight of objects
d. Universal gravitational constant
21. A 1,200 - kilogram car traveling at 10. Meters per second hits a tree and is brought to rest in 0.10 second. What is the magnitude of the average force acting on the car to bring it to rest ?
a. 1.0 x 10 2 N
b. 1.2 x 10 3 N
c. 1.2 x 10 6 N
d. 1.2 x 10 4 N
22. 2.0 x 10 3 – kilograms car travels at a constant speed of 12 meters per second around a circular curve of radius 30 meters. As the car goes around the curve, the centripetal force is directed
a. Tangent to the curve in the direction of motion
b. Towards the centre of the circular curve
c. Away from the Centre of the circular curve
d. Tangent to the curve opposite the direction of motion
23. If 10. Coulombs of charge are transferred through an electric cirvuit in 5.0 seconds, then the current in the circuit is
a. 2.0 A
c. 0.50 A
d. 50 A
24. When ice melts in a breaker of water, the level of water in breaker will:
c. Remains the same
d. First increase and then decrease
25. The most important are of aluminum is ________
26. Which of the following is a non-metal that remains liquid in _________
27. Most soluble in water in ______
d. Common salt
28. Basically domestic electric wiring is a ______
a. Parallel connection
b. Series connection
c. Combination of series and parallel
29. Total internal reflection can take place when light travels from _______
a. Air to glass
b. Air to water
c. Water to glass
d. Diamond to glass
30. What is increasing order of the wavelength of the following colors?
31. Which of the following is most likely to cause a rise in the average temperature of earth’s atmosphere in future ?
a. Atomic warfare
b. Co 2 from fossil fuels
c. Clouds from volcanoes
d. Depletion of earth’s ozone layer
32. Superconductivity is a material property associated with__
a. Cooling a substance without a phase change
b. Frictionless liquid flow
c. A loss of thermal resistance
d. Aloss of electric resistance
33. Titan is the largest natural satellite of plant
34. The speed of light with the rise in the temperature of the medium_____
c. Remain unaltered
d. Drops sharply
35. A trader told his servant Shambhu that he left for his home from the shop after every 2:40 hours. I left for home 55 minutes earlier and for the next time I will leave for home from my shop at 8:15 p. m. At which time did I inform my servant?
a. 6 : 30
b. 6 : 00
c. 6 : 15
d. 4 : 20
36. Nivedita stops to walk after covering a distance of 10 km to the west. She then turns to the right and walks 8 km. Again she walks 4 km to the right. How far is she from her office?
a. 18 km
37. If in a class of 37 students the places of Anuradha and Saroj are 10 th and 16 th respectively, what are their places from the last?
a. 28 th and 22 nd
b. 27 th and 21 st
c. 28 th and 20 th
d. 27 th and 22 nd
38. A lady pointing to a man in a photograph says, “The sister of the son of the man is my mother –in-law”. How is the husband of the lady related to the man in the photograph ?
a. Maternal grand son
d. Maternal grand father
39. If STRAY is coded as TUSBZ then how will MOURN be coded?
40. Which one will replace the question mark?
41. Which one will replace the question mark?
42. Which one will replace the question mark?
43. Which one will replace the question mark?
44. Which one will replace the question mark?
45. The accumulation of stress along the boundaries of lithospheric plates result in which of the following ?
b. Magnetic reversals
d. Increased deposition of deep-sea sediments
46. Pointing to gentleman, Shalini said, “His only brother is the father of my son’s father.” How is the gentlemen related to Shalini ?
47. If TAP is coded as SZO, then how is FREEZE coded?
48. Look at this Series : 22, 21, 23, 22, 24, 23, ……………. What number should come next?
49. AZ, GT, MN, ?, YB
50. Which time should the last time show?