Level 1 ISO Previous Year Papers Class 6 assists students in preparing for the Science Competitive Exams of Class 6 and achieve academic excellence. This exam emphasizes children build their understanding of science concepts through competition. Topics can be reviewed by solving Class 6 Science Question Papers on a regular basis. The Olympiad exam curriculum and layout are entirely predicated on the school board curriculums. Students may thrive at solving a problem-based topic on their subject matter. Nevertheless, sample papers must be solved in order to better understand how the real ISO paper is. Trying an actual full-length paper will push your child's mental strength to the test. Solving a large series of questions regarding a specific topic is undoubtedly a confidence-boosting practice. It will really aid in determining his or her strengths and areas for improvement.
Total Questions : 50
Time : 65 Minutes
1. Additional 10 minutes will be given to students to fill up the student’s information before the start of the exam.
2. All questions are compulsory and carry equal marks. Use of calculator is not permitted.
3. There is only one correct answer, hence mark one choice only.
4. Rough work should be done on a blank sheet of paper.
1. Which condition would cause an ecosystem to become unstable?
a. a variety of nonliving factors are used by the living factors
b. only heterotrophic organisms remain after a change in the environment
c. biotic and abiotic resources interact
d. a slight increase in the number of heterotrophic and autotrophic organisms occurs
2. The breakdown of rocks and minerals into smaller particles without a change in composition is called _________.
a. Chemical precipitation
b. Mechanical weathering
c. Metamorphic foliation
d. Igneous intrusion
3. Some fuels are classified as nonrenewable because they _______.
a. Require a long period of time to form
b. Come from deep within earth
c. Produce toxic waste
d. Can be easily recycled
4. If substance x is a liquid, substance y is a gas, and substance z is a solid, and all the at the same temperature and pressure, then the order of increasing strength of their intermolecular forces would be ________.
a. Y < Z < X
b. Y < X < Z
c. Z < Y < X
d. X < Y < Z
5. Which of the following is a chemical change?
a. Water is boiled on a stove
b. Gasoline combusts in an engine
c. Copper metal stretched into a long wire
d. Salt is dissolved in water
6. An example of a chemical property is _______
a. Point where solid becomes liquid
b. Ability to dissolve in solution
c. Tendency to undergo oxidation
d. Mass of a substance per unit volume
7. All of these can be inherited by people EXCEPT________
a. Eye color
d. Blood type
8. A coal-burning facility is constructed in an area containing several pond ecosystems. How will this human activity most likely affect the pond ecosystem ?
a. More nutrients will be available
b. Organism diversity will increase
c. Disease will become less common
d. Water quality will be reduced
9. Which is an SI metric unit of measurement that is used to record the heat transfer of a solution in a classroom investigation?
b. Degree Celsius
10. C +
According to this equation, what happened to the carbon and oxygen?
a. They combined physically to form a new mixture
b. They combined chemically to form carbon and oxygen
c. They combined physically to form a new element
d. They combined chemically too form a new compound
11. The average distance from earth to the moon is 384,401 km. How is the distance from earth to the moon expressed in scientific nation ?
a. 3.84 x 10 3 km
b. 3.84 x 10 5 km
c. 3.84 x 10 6 km
d. 384 x 10 3 km
12. Which energy transformation occurs first in a coal-burning power plant?
a. Thermal energy to mechanical energy
b. Mechanical energy to electrical energy
c. Chemical energy to thermal energy
d. Thermal energy to electrical energy
13. Which of the following is an example of potential energy ?
a. A battery powering a radio
b. A flag waving in the wind
c. A glass jar sitting on a shelf
d. A ball rolling along a sidewalk
14. What is the role of the orca in this food chain?
a. Second – order consumer
c. First order consumer
d. Third order consumer
15. It is important to protect air quality because ______.
a. Acid rain is caused by air pollution
b. Energy produced by the sun decreased when air is polluted
c. Storms worsen as air pollution decreases
d. Wind currents change when the air is polluted
16. When a base is mixed with an acidic solution, neutralization occurs because the ________.
a. Mass of the solution increases
b. Base reached absolute zero
c. Acid evaporates
d. Base chemically reacts with the acid
17. Fossil fuels such as gas, oil and coal have what kind of energy?
a. Electrical energy
b. Nuclear energy
c. Mechanical energy
d. Graduated cylinder
18. Which of the following is used to measure the mass of an object?
c. Metric ruler
d. Graduated cylinder
19. Which of these is best classified as a mixture?
d. Carbon dioxide
20. How are humans classified with in a food chain?
The location on the track where the train has the greatest potential energy is ________.
22. The element common to all acid is :
23. The blue color of the sky is due to :
a. Diffraction of light
b. Dispersion of light
c. Reflection of light
d. Refraction of light
24. Deficiency of vitamin D causes :
d. Night blindness
25. What is the S. I. unit of temperature ?
26. Density of milk measured by :
27. How does common salt help in separating soap from the solution after saponification?
a. By decreasing solubility of soap
b. By increasing solubility of soap
c. By decreasing density of soap
d. By increasing density of soap
28. Glass is made of the mixture of ?
a. Quartz and mica
b. Sand and salt
c. Sand and silicates
d. None of these
29. What is condensation ?
a. Change of gas into solid
b. Change of solid into liquid
c. change of vapour into liquid
d. Change of heat energy into cooling energy
30. Which of the following gas is not known as green house gas ?
b. Carbon dioxide
c. Nitrous oxide
31. Something that makes an object start moving, stop moving, speed up, of slow down is a (n)
32. The first law of motion states
a. That an object at rest will remain at rest.
b. That an object in motion will remain in motion.
c. That an unbalanced force can change the velocity of an object.
d. All of the above.
33. Which list shows a possible order in which energy moves through an ecosystem?
a. Herbivore, carnivore, sun, producer, decomposer
b. Sun, producer, herbivore, carnivore, decomposer
c. Sun, producer, predator, consumer, decomposer
d. Producer, sun, carnivore, herbivore, decomposer
34. Acceleration is the
a. Rate of change in momentum.
b. Rate of change in speed.
c. Rate of change in velocity
d. Amount of time needed for an object to reach its destination.
35. Which of the following is best example of increasing an object’s potential energy?
a. Rolling a bowling ball
b. Turning on a light bulb
c. Stretching a rubber band
d. Dropping a pencil
36. Find out what will come at?
pqrs, rsqp, qpsr, ?
37. if ‘A’ = 26, and SUN = 27, then CAT ?
38. If water is called black, black is called tree, tree is called blue, blue is called rain, rain is called pink and pink is called fish in a certain language then what is the colour of sky called in the language?
39. A man walks 3 km northwards and then turns left and goes 2 km. He again turns left and goes 3 km. He turns right and walks straight. In which direction he is walking now?
40. Look carefully at the sequence of symbols to find the pattern. Select correct pattern.
41. In following question you are given a combination of alphabets and /or numbers followed by four alternatives (1), (2), (3) and (4). Choose the alternative which closely resembles the mirror image of the given combination.
42. “Life” is related to “Autobiography” in the same way as “Witness” is related to:
43. Choose the pair in which the words are differently related.
a. Petrol : car
b. Ink : pen
c. Garbage : dustbin
d. Lead : pencil
44. Which number replaces the question mark?
Direction (Q. no. 45-46): Two words are given which are related to each other in some way. Find out the relationship between the first two words and choose the missing word, which bears the same relationship to the third word, as the first two bears.
45. Hong Kong : China :: Vatican : ?
46. Fruit : Banana :: Mammal : ?
47. Pointing to a girl in photograph. Amar said, “Her mother’s brother is the only son of my mother’s father.” How the girl’s mother related to Amar?
48. Choose the word which is least like the other words.
49. Choose the odd one.
50. Which number replaces the question mark?