Level 1 ISO Previous Year Papers Class 8 assist students in preparing for Science Olympiad exams of class 7 as well as achieving academic excellence. National Science Olympiad Class 7 question papers from previous years are created by profoundly talented and experienced teachers. Such standardized papers include improvised Science sample questions, where a child can be exposed to competition from the beginning. The results of practicing on these papers can provide a realistic picture of a child's abilities. It focuses on assisting a child by extracting essential information from a problem and using a logical approach. A child must go over solved examples concerning the application of any concept and thereafter try to solve similar kinds eventually. When students solve exam papers from past years, they will gain a deeper understanding of the exam's current trend.
Total Questions : 40
Time : 65 Minutes
1. Additional 10 minutes will be given to students to fill up the student’s information before the start of the exam.
2. All questions are compulsory and carry equal marks. Use of calculator is not permitted.
3. There is only one correct answer, hence mark one choice only.
4. Rough work should be done on a blank sheet of paper.
1. A photon of which electromagnetic radiation has the most energy?
d. X ray
2. The diagram below represents a pyramid of energy in an eco system.
Which level in the pyramid would likely contain member of the plant kingdome?
3. Change in the chemical composition of the atmosphere that may produce acid rain are most closely associated with _________.
a. Insects that excrete acids
b. Runoff from acidic soils
c. Flocks of migrating birds
d. Industrial smoke stack emission
4. Which structure is best observed using a compound light microscope?
d. Golgi bodies
5. What is the name of compound with the formula PCl5?
a. Phosphorus pentachlorate
b. Phosphorus pentacloride
c. Phosphorus (V) chlorine
d. Phosphorus (I) chlorine
6. Covalent bonds mainly occur between _________.
a. Two nonmetallic element
b. One metallic element and one nonmetallic element
c. One metallic and non metallic element
d. Two metallic element
7. If a sample has a mass of 1.25 x 10 2 g and a volume of 51 mL, what is its density?
a. 0.00025 g/mL
b. 0.0125 g/mL
c. 250 g/mL
d. 2.5 g/mL
8. Which of these is most likely to form between elements transferring electrons to form oppositely charged particles?
a. A metallic bond
b. A covalent bond
c. A hydrogen bond
d. An ionic bond
9. What is the name for the compound CaSO 4 ?
a. Calcium sulfur oxygen
b. Calcium sulfide
c. Calcium sulfate
d. Calcium sulfur oxide
10. In a typical animal cell, which component contains he greatest amount of water?
b. Cell membrane
11. Which of the following is an example of static electricity?
a. A dry-cell battery connected to wires lights up a light bulb.
b. A balloon sticks to a wall after it is rubbed with a piece of wool.
c. A light switch that is turned on runs a ceiling fan.
d. A magnet sticks to a refrigerator door made of metal
12. Human sweat is the direct result of which life functions?
a. Reproduction & Cellular transport
b. Waste removal and temperature control
c. Respiration and cellular growth
d. Digestion and Disease prevention
13. What is one advantage of using a hydroelectric plant?
a. It has little effect on wildlife when been constructed.
b. It is expensive to build
c. It has little effect on water flow.
d. It provides renewable energy to human populations.
14. Which of the following are products of combustion?
a. Heat & light
b. Newly discovered elements
c. Additional atoms
d. Liquid and solid water
15. Which of these substance is an element?
16. A student makes a drawing of a carbon atom. Which of these should the student show in the nucleus of the atom?
17. Clouds are formed when millions of drops of water become suspended in the air. Which of the following is a step in the process of cloud formation?
a. Formation of carbon dioxide
c. Expansion of cold air
d. Condensation of water vapor
18. Which of the following has the least effect on lake water temperature ?
a. The lake’s surface area
b. The angle of incoming sun rays
c. The number of fish in the lake
d. The depth of the water
19. Which of these is a result of burning fossil fuels?
a. Clean water
b. Hydroelectric energy
c. Solar energy
d. Acid rain
20. A plant’s green colour is due to the presence of which organelle?
21. The force that holds the planets in the orbit around the sun is called _________.
22. Which of the following is not a natural fiber.
23. Which of the following is a water-borne disease?
24. The vitamin that is most readily manufactured in our bodies is :
a. Vitamin A
b. Vitamin B
c. Vitamin C
d. Vitamin D
25. Which of the following metals occurs in free state?
26. Which of the following is a chemical change?
a. Rusting of iron
b. Tempering of iron
c. Melting of iron
d. Bending of iron
27. Antibiotics are the drugs used for the cure of:
a. Bacterial disease
d. Nervous Disorders
28. A substance which changes readily into vapour without heating is called?
29. In which of the following processes light energy is converted into chemical energy?
30. Combustion is the process in which?
a. Heat is produced.
b. Light is produced.
c. Heat and light are produced.
31. The rate of chemical reaction does not depend upon?
d. None of these
32. Which of the following is a chemical change?
a. Magnetisation of iron
b. Melting of ice
c. Burning of sulphur
d. Melting of wax
33. Permanent hardness of water can be removed by adding _________.
a. Potassium permanganate
c. Bleaching powder
d. Washing Soda
34. Which of the following is not a bleaching agent?
a. Sulpher di-oxide
b. Carbon di-oxide
c. Sodium hypochlorite
35. Liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) consists of mainly _________.
a. Methane, Ethane and Hexane
b. Ethane, Hexane and Nonane
c. Methane, Butane and Propane
d. Methane, Hexane and Nonane
36. Students of a class are sitting in a row duing photography session. Shailendra is sitting at the 4 th place from one end, but he is at 27 th place from the other end. Number of students in the class is _________.
37. Deepak walks 40 meter in North direction; then he turns right and walks 50 meter. He again turns right and walks 40 metre. How far he is with respect to his original positon?
a. 0 metre
b. 50 metre
c. 40 metre
d. 10 metre
38. Radha and Saroj are ranked 10 th and 16 th and 16 th respectively in a class of 37 students. what will be their ranks from the bottom in the class?
a. 28 th , 22 nd
b. 27 th , 21 st
c. 28 th , 20 th
d. 27 th , 22 nd
39. What comes in the place of question mark? LO : PK :: IR :?
40. Pointing to a lady in the photograph Kaushal said, “She is the daughter of the daughter of the only son of my grand father.” How is the lady related to Kaushal ?
b. Matenral aunt
41. Find the number of triangles in the given figure.
42. In following questions you are given a combination of alphabets and /or numbers followed by four alternatives (1), (2), (3) and (4). Choose the alternative which closely resembles the mirror image of the given combination.
43. Which number replace the question mark?
44. Choose the odd one.
45. Choose the pair in which the words are differently related.
a. Death : Disease
b. Milk : Butter
c. Grape : Wine
d. Water : Oxygen
46. Which number replace the question mark?
47. Which number replace the question mark?
48. Which number replace the question mark?
50. Look at this series : 7,10,8,11,9,12,….. what number should come next?