The International Science Olympiad by the Indian Talent Olympiads is among the avidly sought after Science Olympiads in the whole of India. This test revolves around encouraging the interest in science among young students with a conclusive objective that they decide to have a greater knowledge of a subject and be benefitted from it. It grants one the opportunities to acquire exposure for their persistent effort and exertion. Overwhelming as it might seem to be, the Indian Talent Olympiad has put out Science Olympiad sample papers with the aim to assist those taking a part in the examination. It is one of the wide variety of educational assets put out to help the young learners with their preparation and add to their comprehension and knowledge of the subject. The sample paper with answer class 5 has been organized to meet the fundamental necessities of the class 5 students. It does not simply help students in strategizing by providing them with an idea of the paper pattern, question types and mark distribution but can also be effectively utilized for revision, practice, recapitulation and time management. The Olympiad Topper is the best virtual platform for the students to get acquainted with while wanting to partake in the Science Olympiad and here they can pick the assets from the large number made accessible to them considering their necessities to further develop their knowledge.
01. Find the odd one out.
02. Which of these animal classified as a vertebrate?
d. Beetle bug
03. Birds are different from insects because birds have _______.
d. None of these
04. If you break a magnet into two pieces, what happens to its magnetic poles?
a. There is no effect.
b. Each magnet will have two south poles.
c. Each magnet will have two north poles.
d. Each magnet will have a north and south pole.
05. What is mechanical energy?
a. Stored energy
b. Energy in motion
c. The sum of its energy in motion and its stored motion
d. Potential and kinetic energy
06. Which is most likely the next step to this food chain? black berries :squirrel :
07. _______can live on both land and water.
08. Which list shows a possible order in which energy moves through an ecosystem?
a. herbivore, carnivore, sun, producer, decomposer
b. sun, producer, herbivore, carnivore, decomposer
c. sun, producer, predator, consumer, decomposer
d. producer, sun, carnivore, herbivore, decomposer
09. What is study of birds called?
10. Which of the following is incorrect about bacteria?
a. Bacteria or Eukaryotic and contains one nucleus.
b. Bacteria reproduce through binary fission.
c. They transfer genetic material through transformation and transduction.
d. All of these
11. Which of the following food is a protective food?
c. Vitamins and minerals
d. Both (a) and (b)
12. What do you mean by migration?
a. Production of offspring
b. Change from one form to another
c. The state of being asleep for the winter
d. Movement from one place to another
13. Find the lettered pair of words that go together in the same way as the given pair of words. Pen : Writer : : ___________
a. Voice : Dancer
b. Cloth : Barber
c. Broom : Chef
d. Tools : Worker
14. Bronze is an alloy of:
a. Copper and Zinc
b. Copper and Tin
c. Iron and Copper
d. Zinc and Tin
15. We need to convert ______ substance into _____ to protect our environment.
a. Light into strong
b. Harmful into harmless
c. Good into bad
d. None of the above